We’re thrilled to announce that beginning on June 1, Briargate Boulevard Animal Hospital can allow clients to accompany their pets into the hospital on a limited basis! Owners may choose whether or not to come inside with their pet for doctor appointments or surgery/dental care procedure intake and discharge appointments. At this point, owners who bring their pets for technician appointments or to pick up prescriptions, food, etc. will still remain outside for “curbside concierge” service.
Owners who elect to come into the hospital with their pet for doctor appointments and procedure intake/discharge appointments must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Answer a series of health screening questions prior to entering the building
- Wear a mask that covers both the nose and mouth while inside the building – we have a very limited supply of masks and highly encourage you to bring-your-own-mask.
- Take a non-contact forehead temperature upon entering the building
- Use hand sanitizer upon entering the building
- Limit of one owner present at the appointment (exception: two people may be present at euthanasia appointments)
The BBAH team will continue to wear masks while we work, and we are committed to thoroughly cleaning the exam rooms, credit card machines, etc. between appointments. The additional time spent cleaning makes it all the more important that clients arrive on time for their appointments; if you are delayed more than 10 minutes past your scheduled arrival time you will be asked to reschedule. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!
We are tremendously grateful to our clients who adapted to curbside care during the past two months and particularly thankful to those who displayed patience and grace with the inherently less efficient appointment flow. The COVID-19 pandemic is stressful for our entire community and challenging to even our most steadfast optimists. Please know that your many small kindnesses and words of appreciation mean a great deal to our team while we do our very best to continue providing care for your pets. We look forward to the day we can welcome all clients back into the hospital – we miss you!
The Doctors and Care Team at BBAH